We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone ever try the Hotwire Hot rate?

Which Ontario hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sitka, Ak
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Anyone ever try the Hotwire Hot rate?

So I am booking an affordable trip and found the Hotwire Hot Rate. It has a gust rating of 4 stars, 95% of peole recomend it, from about 400+ reviews, for $44/night. It advertises that it'll be in the Ontario Intl Airport ONT East area. I wont find out what kind of hotel till after I book and just want to know if anyone has tried this? Did you hvae a good hotel?

4 replies to this topic
Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Anyone ever try the Hotwire Hot rate?

Hi Ivory - I'm little confused to what you are after. You posted this inquiry in both the Ontario and Anaheim forums. Are you looking for a place close to Disneyland or are you looking for a place near Disneyland and Ontario?

Be aware that Anaheim is about an hour or so from Ontario. You can make it in about 50 minutes with absolutely no traffic, but that's a rare event.

If you could clarify what area you want to be in - that would help us focus on a solution for you.

Sitka, Ak
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
2. Re: Anyone ever try the Hotwire Hot rate?

The offer is in Ontario. It doesn't bother me how close or far I am from Disney. I just want to know if anyone has booked these Hotwire hot rate offers.

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Anyone ever try the Hotwire Hot rate?

If you are getting in on a late night flight and want a hotel to crash for the night it might be okay. I saw your post in the California Forum and Anaheim Forum and am confused as well. A late night arrival on a cheap flight is the only way going with this makes sense.

I saw your post that it is a three star. Most three stars are okay no matter where.

If you are looking for a hotel from which to visit Disneyland (we like the full name here) and want to save money, drop this idea and. It is a waste of money to drive that far. If you only want one day in Disneyland and think flying in and out of Ontario ad driving to and from Disneyland to do it is going to be inexpensive, compare flying into SNA, taking the Disneyland Express Shuttle instead of renting a car, and staying at a motel near to Disneyland. At least fly into SNA or Long Beach, rent a car and use Hotwire or Priceline for the Anaheim South or Disneyland area.

Staying in Ontario to visit Disneyland is a waste of money.

Edited: 1:55 am, September 24, 2011
Sitka, Ak
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
4. Re: Anyone ever try the Hotwire Hot rate?

Thanks for all the Disney/hotel information well appreciated:-)

Edited: 2:34 pm, September 24, 2011
Reply to: Anyone ever try the Hotwire Hot rate?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted