We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the most out of our time.

Which Ontario hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tempe, Arizona
the most out of our time.

Myself and my 2 children are going to Perris, Ca the 9th of July 2011. I want to take my babies to the beach, but I only have about a day to do it. I would have to go to the beach and drive back to AZ the same day, the 10th of July. Could I get some recommendations on how to make the most of the little time we have? I need cheap if not free ideas. The beach is our goal. Thank you for your time and effort you will take to answer me.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
1. Re: the most out of our time.

Does the beach have to be next to the ocean? If so take 74 west all the way to Dana Point. Otherwise maybe Lake Perris has a beach?

Tempe, Arizona
2. Re: the most out of our time.

That the only thing my 12yr old son asks for is for our family to go to the ocean. I just looked at the map, maybe Ontario is not where I need to go. Even if its just a simple ocean beach, that would be great. I just have such a sort amount of time. Do you know what might be the cloest ocean beach from Perris CA? P.S. Thank you for responding so quickly. :)

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
reviews: 42
3. Re: the most out of our time.

Yes, the most direct access to the ocean is at Dana Point, about 50 miles from Perris. Ontario is far out of the way from Perris to the beach--or are you flying into and out of Ontario?

Ontario is also a long way from the ocean, and if I were doing this and driving from Ontario, I'd go to Santa Monica, about 55 miles on I-10 all the way. There's probably more that would interest kids at Santa Monica.

Are you driving back to Tempe the same day? It's about 450 miles from the ocean, which would make a pretty long day if you want to send some time at the beach.

4. Re: the most out of our time.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, June 05, 2013