We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Janis' Art Workshop Ojai -best part of trip!

Which Ojai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, IL
reviews: 12
Janis' Art Workshop Ojai -best part of trip!

My adult daughter and I just returned from a three nite stay in Ojai at the Ojai Resort and Spa, and by far the highlight of our trip was the afternoon we spent at Janis Art Workshop in town. Janis runs a combination art gallery and workshop and offers all kinds of classes for locals, but we wanted to do something "artsy" for just an afternoon. I found her place online, and when I called to inquire about programs she told me that she offers "drop in" rates of $30. an hour with lots of projects available. That worked perfectly for us. We went over around 11:00, and found so many different possibilities. Janis was so friendly and eager to help us choose a project that we would enjoy doing. My daughter decided she would really like to try making a mosaic - Janis had several students working on them when we arrived and they were each unique. We were told to just pick out a small piece of slate from the outdoor garden, and decide what we would like to have on it. My daughter wanted a turtle, which Janis sketched on the slate, and then she instructed and helped us each step of the way, from choosing, cutting and polishing each piece of glass to the final grouting (which she did for us after we had left and the piece had dried). When we got a little hungry, she even called Suzanne's next door and ordered lunch for us, which we brought back and ate in her garden.We picked up our piece on the way out of town the next morning - she even came in early since we wanted to hit the road back to San Francisco by 9:30. This was truly the highlight of our three day trip to Ojai.

1. Re: Janis' Art Workshop Ojai -best part of trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 28, 2014