We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping

Which Ojai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fullerton...
reviews: 13
Camping

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to find out where to camp in Ojai. We're coming up there for only two days for 4th of July and want to camp one night (7/3). We're going to go to the parade the next morning. Suggestions on where to camp? It's just two people in a tent. Thanks!

California
reviews: 12
1. Re: Camping

There is an Ojai Ranger District that encompases 5 camping areas.

Wheeler Gorge is most familiar to me. About 8 miles out of Ojai. Some shade with a creek. Vault bathrooms, no showers

www.rockymountainrec.com. Click on Los Padres

You can also check out Holiday. I don't know much about that one though.

Fullerton...
2. Re: Camping

Oh dang that really throws a wrench in the plans. Holiday is a group campground and Wheeler Gorge requires a three-night minimum on holiday weekends. I can't take any additional time off of work (and really I'm just assuming I'll get the 4th off). You mentioned 5 camping areas though, and that site only listed two for Ojai. What are the other three? Thanks!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
3. Re: Camping

The other ones are listed on the Ojai Ranger District page. Follow the links to Recreation and to Campgrounds. tinyurl.com/3dhgu5m

:

4. Re: Camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:47 pm, April 07, 2012
Fullerton...
5. Re: Camping

I did google camping in Ojai but came up with too many results that I don't know how to narrow down. That's where the difficulty comes in. We do want something we'd be able to get.

6. Re: Camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, April 14, 2014