We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Angeles to Ojai

Which Ojai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Los Angeles to Ojai

I'm looking for a way to get from downtown LA to Ojai.

As i'm from Australia I am hesitant to hire a car and drive myself (other side of the road and all).

Any bus or even train info would be AMAZING!

13 replies to this topic
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
1. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

Take the Pacific Surfliner to the Ventura station. Costs about $19 and takes about 2 hours.

At the Ventura train station, take the #6 bus towards VENTURA (not Oxnard) and exit at the transit station a few minutes later. At the transit center, transfer to the # 16 bus which takes you to Ojai.

Single ride fares are $1.35 with a free transfer. Note! The #16 bus does not ride on Saturdays.

have fun

Dr. Z

Adelaide, Australia
2. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

sounds really complicated, but thanks heaps.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
3. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

It's really not that problematic although renting a car is an easier way to go.

Depending on the time of day and which day of the week, the drive can be very easy and stress free.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
4. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

We went to Australia. We needed to drive to make our visit memorable, not dependent on public transportation......that would have limited, seriously, where we could go.

OKAY. We learned to drive on the 'wrong' side of the road, just by staying aware.

You would be so much better off with a car and the flexibility. FWIW.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
5. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

I agree with Puter. I just got back from driving for 2 weeks in England by myself with no GPS. And California roads are usually wide and easy to manuever.

6. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:46 pm, April 07, 2012

Minneapolis
reviews: 1
7. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

Hi, I am interested in finding out about the shuttle from LA to Ojai. I know my family (who happens to be moving to Ojai in the summer) will love to pick me up, but would like to know what the options are to make it easier for people.

8. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:48 pm, April 07, 2012

Minneapolis
reviews: 1
9. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

Thanks! I am about to make a reservation with Ventura shuttles for leaving Ojai as I have a red-eye flight out of la. This is a great option to have!

Vineyard Haven...
10. Re: Los Angeles to Ojai

Hi!

I'm coming into LA later this month and need to get to Ojai from the airport so I would love to know about your friend's non-commercial shuttle!! It would be such a help!

Thanks!

Reply to: Los Angeles to Ojai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted