We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Ojai

Which Ojai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Transport to Ojai

I am trying to find out if there is a bus from Carpinteria to Ojai. Can anyone help - I can't seem to find any. Willing to share shuttle or anything! Thanks

San Diego...
reviews: 40
1. Re: Transport to Ojai

Well, you can take Amtrak www.amtrak.com from Carpinteria to Ventura and then a bus www.goldcoasttransit.org from Ventura to Ojai. There may be an all bus way to do it, perhaps someone will know.

Ireland
2. Re: Transport to Ojai

Thanks for that. I will check it out. I was hoping for something more direct, as its so close - may be cheaper, certainly quicker, to get taxi!?

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 71
3. Re: Transport to Ojai

It's kind of a gap in the transit system, I'd agree. But you do have to go to Ventura and then up to Ojai. In addition to the trains, there are some commute hour buses from Carpinteria to Ventura, but that probably wouldn't help.

Ireland
4. Re: Transport to Ojai

thank you for taking the time to help me. You guys know your state! I guess i am used to buses going to every town here in Ireland! I had a look and it doesn't look too bad a journey via Ventura. I thought it would take longer. Thanks again.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 69
5. Re: Transport to Ojai

Highway 150 connects Carpinteria and Ojai directly, but it isn't any faster than taking Highways 101 and 33 via Ventura. Taking public transit between Carpinteria and Ojai via Ventura won't be much of a burden.

From Carpinteria to Ventura, I recommend VISTA's Coastal Express bus route if it works with your schedule. This way you can transfer to the connecting bus directly in downtown Ventura, rather than having to walk a few blocks from the Amtrak station. More info: www.goventura.org/…

From Ventura to Ojai, take Gold Coast Transit Route 16: http://www.goldcoasttransit.org

Unfortunately Gold Coast Transit changed Route 16 a year or two ago so it no longer stops in the heart of Ojai. Now you have to walk from the bus stop to the center of town or take the Ojai Trolley: http://www.ojaitrolley.com

Ireland
6. Re: Transport to Ojai

Thank you so much for that info. The bus sounds perfect, not having to walk from Amtrak, as we will have luggage. I will check out the schedule, and hope it works!

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 69
7. Re: Transport to Ojai

The Coastal Express has lots of service, but unfortunately only select trips stop in Carpinteria. If you do end up having to take Amtrak, there are taxis waiting for arriving trains. The taxi ride to the Route 16 bus stop should take less than 5 minutes and cost $5-10 at most.

Ireland
8. Re: Transport to Ojai

Thank you Davdavan, for all that extra info on getting to Ojai. It should make our journey pretty strees free!

I hope I camn do the same for you if you ever travel to Ireland.

Blessings,

Intrepid 09

Exeter, United...
9. Re: Transport to Ojai

Hey there! you seem pretty clued up on ojai and was hoping you could tell me the easiest way to get to Ojai from burbank airport, or LAX

Many thanks :)

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 71
10. Re: Transport to Ojai

Well, if you land at Burbank Airport the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner train stops literally across the street from the airport--you can walk over there (or take a shuttle). So you can take the Surfliner from Burbank Airport to Ventura, then transfer to the bus to Ojai, although you will have to walk a few blocks from the Amtrak station in Ventura.