We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday afternoon drive time to Oakland Airport

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Ramon...
reviews: 3
Sunday afternoon drive time to Oakland Airport

Can anyone tell me approximate drive time from San Ramon to Oakland airport, leaving about 4:15 on a Sunday for 6:30 flight? Must park off site,q take a quick shuttle and I just have a carry on. Cannot leave any earlier. thanks for input!

5 replies to this topic
San Francisco Bay...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Sunday afternoon drive time to Oakland Airport

I would allow about an hour, assuming no accident, and you are not travelling on the last day of a holiday weekend. No commuter traffic at that time. You can probably make it a little before an hour. I live near the airport and often visit a friend in Livermore, and it takes between 40 min and an hour. So it sounds like you are cutting it a little close, but not bad. Make sure you print out your boarding pass beforehand!

NoCal
reviews: 63
2. Re: Sunday afternoon drive time to Oakland Airport

If there was a football game that sunday, add at least 15 mins due to congestion.

Dublin, California
reviews: 27
3. Re: Sunday afternoon drive time to Oakland Airport

Either football game of A's baseball playoff game.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 59
4. Re: Sunday afternoon drive time to Oakland Airport

This doesn't sound like a problem. Be sure to check 511, Google Maps, or 106.9 FM beforehand for any unexpected traffic problems.

Also, keep in mind that not all parking lots may have availability. I suggest starting with the Expresso lot because it's cheap and the first lot on the way to the airport from San Ramon. If that doesn't work, try one of the lots around 98th Avenue and Airport Access Road. I used the Fastrack Executive Lot last time I parked at OAK because I had a coupon, but be prepared for taxes of 20% or so at all lots within Oakland city limits. (The Expresso lot is in San Leandro, so it doesn't have airport access taxes.)

San Ramon...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Sunday afternoon drive time to Oakland Airport

Thank you all. The input is very much appreciated.

Reply to: Sunday afternoon drive time to Oakland Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted