We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport security time?

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Airport security time?

I have a very tight timeline (1.5-2 hrs from leaving Courtyard Emeryville to flight departure). I am trying to figure out the likelihood of missing my flight (it is the latest flight out that night to Denver).

I am traveling carry-on and will print my pass ahead of time, but I have no idea what traffic and security lines will be like at 5:30-6pm on Tuesday. Is security a hassle in Oakland? How long do you think it would take at this time of day?

Dublin, California
reviews: 32
1. Re: Airport security time?

Traffic may be your biggest issue. How are you getting to OAK? You may want to get to the West Oakland BART station and take BART to OAK (with a shuttle bus connection, $3 exact change only). OAK is a relatively small airport and the security line should not be too long.

San Francisco...
reviews: 126
2. Re: Airport security time?

Do you have to return a rental car?

Colorado
3. Re: Airport security time?

I had planned on taking a taxi. Google maps showed almost an hour transit time on public transportation...

4. Re: Airport security time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:11 am, June 03, 2014
Colorado
5. Re: Airport security time?

That would definitely be the preferred route, but not an option. I am working and can't leave until class is over.

Dublin, California
reviews: 32
6. Re: Airport security time?

BART from West Oakland station to Oak Airport/Coliseum station is 15 min. Add on the time from hotel to BART station, and from BART station to airport, it would be 30 to 40 min if you time it right.

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 60
7. Re: Airport security time?

Southwest's security lines can be quite long. There is a trick, something about going to the next terminal, going through security and then using a passageway to get to the Southwest terminal. All you can do is try...

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 69
8. Re: Airport security time?

Security is relatively painless at OAK, but you will be traveling during rush hour and traffic could be a problem. It will be tight--possibly too tight for your comfort level.

For this to work out, you will need to (1) have a taxi waiting and ready to go and (2) hope that there are no accidents or other delays along the way. Check traffic conditions at http://traffic.511.org or Google Maps. FYI, the public transit trip takes 40-60 minutes depending upon where in Emeryville you are.

Edited: 2:53 am, September 09, 2013
9. Re: Airport security time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 11, 2014