We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long term parking OAK

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 1
long term parking OAK

We are planning a trip to Hawaii this Dec and so far airfare out of OAK is significantly cheaper than flying out of SMF(Sacramento). Reading on other posts about long term parking we are looking at using one of the private lots (Espresso, etc.). However, we will be driving our 3/4 ton long bed pickup to the airportand we are concerned about maneuvering it around the lot and into a parking place since these businesses try to fit as many cars as possible on their lots. (not that I blame them) Anyone have any advice? Thanks.

California
reviews: 58
1. Re: long term parking OAK

We have used Fastrack parking many times when flying to Hawaii from OAK. It's pretty cheap and really only a mile or so from the airport. Shuttle is efficient and they will even jump start your car if you end up with a dead battery (happened to my BIL, not us!!). The outdoor parking didn't look too cramped to me, but call in advance to see if you need special arrangements for a long-bed.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 69
2. Re: long term parking OAK

I recommend using one of the Fasttrack parking lots. There is a coupon for the "Premier" lot at valpak.com/coupons/…13035 that I used over the 4th of July and had a positive experience. The Fasttrack lots (I've only used Blue and Premier) allow some maneuverability, so you should be able to park your truck relatively painlessly. I found the Expresso lot to be small (not good for large trucks) and crowded. In fact, if you are traveling around the holidays, you probably won't be able to find an open spot at Expresso unless you reserve an expensive indoor space (not sized for trucks).

California
reviews: 1
3. Re: long term parking OAK

Thanks so much. We have to make a trip to the city next week so I think we'll make a detour to OAK and check things out We are considering a park and fly at nearby hotels as an alternative. I'll have to check out TA for posts on this.

4. Re: long term parking OAK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, September 08, 2014