We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alternate plans need help ASAP

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
posts: 64
reviews: 29
alternate plans need help ASAP

We are flying into Las Vegas on September 4 and driving to Death Valley with plans to drive on to Lee Vining on the 5th and spending the day in Yosemite on the 6th . As of now , we hope to be able to keep this plan . We have reservations in Turlock on the night of the 6th and then drive to the California coast bypassing San Fransisco (we have made a previous trip there ) IF we need to change plans because of the fire close to Yosemite could someone suggest the quickest way to the coast from Death Valley ? We had plans to drive from Turlock to Oakland then make our way

to 101 then drive up the coast into Oregon and staying in or around Cannon Beach on the 9th .

thanks !!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
posts: 31,558
reviews: 26
1. Re: alternate plans need help ASAP

You posted in the Oakland forum and with a title that doesn't indicate that your travel dilemma is the fire near Yosemite.

I'd repost in the CA forum with a more specific title.

Lewiston, California
posts: 9,509
reviews: 67
2. Re: alternate plans need help ASAP

No one on this Earth can tell you if Yosemite will be open. Lets hope we get a break on this huge fire.

posts: 64
reviews: 29
3. Re: alternate plans need help ASAP

thanks, wasn't sure what forum to post in and we are holding to our original plans as long as possible but just need a plan B in case the roads are closed or smoke too bad for my allergies .

posts: 3,664
reviews: 13
4. Re: alternate plans need help ASAP

A plan B is a very good idea! Evacuations have been called for towns an hour away (by car). California had a very dry winter last year, e.g., everything is quite dry & brittle up there. This fire is really a bad one (not to suggest there's such a thing as a good one).

5. Re: alternate plans need help ASAP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 29, 2014