We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canandaigua, New...
reviews: 37
Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

I will be staying in Emeryville @ Four Points Sheraton and am looking for easiest public transportation to the USS Hornet.

based on their website I don't get exactly how to get there

http://www.uss-hornet.org/visit/transit/

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
1. Re: Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

Take AC Transit bus #31 from Emeryville to Alameda Point. Get off at Pacific and Main. Walk to USS Hornet (a mile). I am not sure how far is the #31 stop from your hotel. Maybe your hotel can give you directions to the nearest #31 bus stop.

Canandaigua, New...
2. Re: Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

thank you .. I will ask them too I know of the Emerygoround which may be a help.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 60
3. Re: Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

Do you plan on visiting on a weekday or weekend? AC Transit Route 31 runs from Emeryville to Alameda on weekdays, but on weekends it only runs between downtown Oakland and Alameda.

Weekdays: Walk 1.0 miles (via the pedestrian bridge and Hollis Street, not Shellmound Street!) or take the free Emery Go-Round shuttle from your hotel to 40th & Hollis. From there, take AC Transit Route 31 (towards Alameda Point, not MacArthur BART Station) to the end of the line. From the end of the line, it's a little over a mile to the USS Hornet Museum.

Weekends: Take the free Emery Go-Round shuttle from your hotel to MacArthur BART Station. From there, take any train to 12th Street Station. Take the 11th Street exit and catch AC Transit Route 31 (towards Alameda Point) to the end of the line. From the end of the line, it's a little over a mile to the USS Hornet Museum.

In both cases, the walking paths in Emeryville and Alameda are flat, easy, and quiet. If you don't want to walk so much, I recommend following the weekend directions (on any day of the week) and then catching a cab at 12th Street Station instead of the bus.

Canandaigua, New...
4. Re: Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

thank you Davdaven for such detailed instructions.. printed and saved! our plan is to visit on a weekday

Canandaigua, New...
5. Re: Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

Ok just checked on google maps all the points and it looks like it will take about an hour & 15 min.?

Edited: 6:57 pm, April 17, 2013
Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 60
6. Re: Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

Assuming you walk on both ends, that sounds about right. The bus ride takes 40 minutes from 40th & Hollis to Alameda Point. It will be a bit faster if you use Emery Go-Round and then take BART to 12th Street to catch the bus. If you aren't wedded to your hotel, you could stay in Oakland and get around faster in general because it is more central than Emeryville.

7. Re: Transportation to Alameda to see the USS Hornet Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 19, 2014