We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Discovery Bay

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Highland, Indiana
Getting to Discovery Bay

I will be traveling in late July to California, specifically, flying into Oakland Airport and traveling to Discovery Bay, Delta Marina, California. What are my traveling options? Is there a bus from the airport? HELP!!!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 132
1. Re: Getting to Discovery Bay

HUMM. Rent a car I guess. Cabs will be tres expensive

Stockton, California
reviews: 45
2. Re: Getting to Discovery Bay

No busses. The most reasonable way would be to do like Belomiser stated and rent a car. Not sure your interest in Discovery Bay. It is really just a big housing tract around the water. If your visiting, maybe have someone pick you up.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
3. Re: Getting to Discovery Bay

A google search found this link for an airport shuttle running during the week:

professionalairshuttle.com/sfoshuttle.html

Looks like there's a door to door option as well 7 days a week.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 69
4. Re: Getting to Discovery Bay

I presume you are meeting people since you are traveling to Discovery Bay? I would work with them to have you get picked up.

There is no airport bus to Discovery Bay. You can reach Discovery Bay by public transit. However, it would be easier to rent a car. I am sure there are airport shuttles too, but don't expect the trip to be cheap. Taxis will be cost prohibitive, so don't bother with them.

5. Re: Getting to Discovery Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 18, 2014