We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A's v Rangers

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
A's v Rangers

Hi,

I'm from Australia and i'm coming over for a month long holiday in September. Was going to catch a train from SF out to see the A's v Rangers on the 3rd of Sep.

Will it be fine to just get tickets at the game or should I pre buy?

Thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,591 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: A's v Rangers

Yes you can take BART to the game. In September it is getting closer to the playoffs so the interest is high and Rangers are a very good team so you will see a lot more people at the game. But As games do not sell out and tickets are cheap. I would sit up for the As emails and see what deals there are. If you can get a better value ticket on their site for a good seat, I would purchas it online. If you don't care, sure you can walk and buy one at the ballpark

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,688 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: A's v Rangers

I agree with belomiser. You might be able to get a good deal on a ticket if you buy online in advance with a special promotion. Otherwise, just wait until you are here. The Oakland A's play in a very old, large stadium, so there is never a shortage of available tickets. If you are going just for the ballpark experience, try to catch a San Francisco Giants game instead. Tickets are more expensive, but the ballpark is much nicer.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
3. Re: A's v Rangers

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going for the ballpark experience but i'm also going for the game. I'm a big sports fan and like watching MLB on fox when I can. (Also love playing the show on ps3)

Plan on going to 4 games around the country during my trip over there, including Giants v D-backs.

I will check out the email list and keep an eye out for promotions.

Thanks again

4. Re: A's v Rangers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 20, 2014