We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and Fly at Oakland airport

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bakersfield...
Park and Fly at Oakland airport

Hello. We are a family of 6 and we will be flying out of Oakland to Kauai this June 2013 for 13 days. Looking for a decent and safe place to do a park and fly as our flight leaves at 7:30AM and I live 4 hours away. I am pretty sure we will need 2 rooms even though 2 of my kids are young I havent found any rooms accomadating 6 people. So far I have found the Marriott and they quoted $244 for a room for 4 people and parking for 14 days. That one seems like a nice pick because they have a bistro inside so we wouldnt have to leave to eat. Problem is 2nd room is not alot cheaper. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 60
1. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

The San Leandro Marina Inn and Hampton Inn & Suites both have park-and-fly options, and there may be more available.

The Hampton Inn has rooms in June starting at $160 each (prepaid), and the Marina Inn has rooms starting at $119 each. The Hampton Inn offers free parking for 7 days with additional days available; I'm not sure how many days the Marina Inn offers. The Marina Inn gets rave reviews, and $119 is hard to beat! The first airport shuttle of the day departs the Marina Inn at 6 AM, which would be perfect for your flight.

A third option is to buy 2 hotel rooms on Hotwire (not Priceline) and then use off- or on-site airport parking. Off-site airport parking can be had for as little as $7/day, perhaps slightly less for a 2-week stay. I priced a sample date in June and found 2 rooms for $79 each at a 2.5-star hotel with an 80% approval rating.

oaklandairporthi.com/html/oakland-ca-hotel-s…

sanleandromarinainn.com/… (scroll to bottom)

http://www.hotwire.com

Oakland, California
reviews: 62
2. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

Do you mean the Oakland Marriott? That's in downtown Oakland. You'd have to take a taxi to the airport, which is approx. $35. Your car would be safe in their garage, but the neighborhood is not pleasant at night. The Hampton Inn in Alameda would be a good choice. It's new and in a very safe area (much better than the Oakland airport hotels). The only downside might be that there are no stores or restaurants in the immediate area (5 min drive away).

California
reviews: 12
3. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

I've stayed twice at the Hilton where we left our car for our trip to HI. They had a free shuttle to the airport. They let us park our car where ever we wanted in the parking lot. We had no problems.

San Francisco...
reviews: 109
4. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

Hampton inn has nice views of the bay and SF. The homewood suites oakland offer 2 br units to fit your large group and they are 15 minutes from the airport.

Bakersfield...
5. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

The Marriott I found was Courtyard Oakland airport. Thanks

Bakersfield...
6. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

Unfortunately Homewood suites does not offer park and fly or a shuttle service to airport.

Bakersfield...
7. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

I have found La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum 8465 Enterprise Way

Oakland, CA 94621. Very resonable at $149 for 4 people and 13 days parking. I know nothing about the area or this hotel. Can anyone help me out. I am concerned of staying in an area that is not very desirable. Thanks..

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 60
8. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

That area has nothing to offer. There is a Denny's, Burger King, and Jack in the Box within walking distance, but I wouldn't really want to walk around there at night. It isn't necessarily dangerous, but it's too isolated in my opinion.

Have you contacted the San Leandro Marina Inn? This would be my recommendation, assuming they offer 13 days of parking.

9. Re: Park and Fly at Oakland airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 13, 2014