We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Uptown?

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz...
reviews: 1
The Uptown?

Where is this in Oakland? I know some neighborhoods but not this place which seems to be hipster central. Also, I know a few areas of the city (Piedmont Ave, Jingletown, Downtown area), but am not very well versed in its safer, cooler neighborhoods or corridors. If anyone has any tips I'm trying to search them out.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 59
1. Re: The Uptown?

Uptown is a relatively new neighborhood name. It includes portions of what was once considered downtown and Koreatown Northgate. Some people still identify with the old neighborhood names.

Uptown generally runs along Telegraph Avenue and Broadway from 18th or 19th streets to 25th Street (give or take). The Koreatown Northgate business district considers its southern boundary 20th Street, and there are definitely Korean businesses as far south as 24th Street, but Uptown goes at least as far north as 25th Street.

Popular neighborhoods include Uptown, Rockridge (College Avenue from Broadway to the Berkeley city limit), Temescal (Telegraph Avenue from 42nd to 51st streets), Piedmont Avenue (from MacArthur Blvd. to Pleasant Valley Avenue) and Grand Lake (Grand and Lakeshore avenues northeast of Lake Merritt). Jack London Square (foot of Broadway) has some appeal, too. Fruitvale and the Laurel District are mixed; Jingletown is not recommended.

2. Re: The Uptown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 24, 2014