We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castro valley BART station

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Visalia, CA
reviews: 34
Castro valley BART station

Would it be safe to leave my truck parked overnight (Fri and/or Sat) at the BART station in Castro Valley?

NoCal
reviews: 63
1. Re: Castro valley BART station

That station seems safe even though I have never used it. I have parked overnight Fri to sun and it is free.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
2. Re: Castro valley BART station

There is never guarantee when you park your car out in the streets or parking lots.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 59
3. Re: Castro valley BART station

No one can guarantee a problem-free stay, but I have no reason to suspect that the Castro Valley station is a "bad" choice. I'm out that way occasionally and it seems like a perfectly decent suburban community. Ditto for both of the Dublin/Pleasanton stations.

I once parked for a long weekend at Coliseum station (admittedly with my old car) and had no problems. However, break-ins have been fairly common at the West Oakland station in the past. In other words, your mileage may vary.

NoCal
reviews: 63
4. Re: Castro valley BART station

Bad ones are the Coliseum, Hayward, Fruitvale and West Oakland parking. Don't leave valuables visible and make sure you can not open the trunk from the inside if your car does get broken into.

5. Re: Castro valley BART station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 18, 2014