We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is sunday 3 30pm- 5 30 pm peak hour traffic on Bay bridge

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
is sunday 3 30pm- 5 30 pm peak hour traffic on Bay bridge

Hi dear locals of sf, I am arriving with my family of 4 into SF international airport after a 13 hour flight ( with 2 large suitcase and 3 small carry on ) @ 2 40 pm on a sunday . We have 4.5 hours for check out, clear customs etc and travel from sfo to oakland airport to catch another domestic.

should we 1) use the BART ?From website and calculating, would need 1 hour 30 mins. sounds long but it is cheap and predictable.

2) would like to ask if taxi or airport shuttle is the other possibility should we be delayed at the customs ?

many thanks for your answer,

gratefully, CHUA

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
137 reviews
11. Re: is sunday 3 30pm- 5 30 pm peak hour traffic on Bay bridge

Different countries call it differently. Sometimes called sky-cab service. Good description of curbside check-in: http://www.ifly.com/check-in-curbside

By the way, this weekend's storms mean that you might be arriving at a great time. Fresh snow. Plus clear weather until the next storm?

singapore
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
12. Re: is sunday 3 30pm- 5 30 pm peak hour traffic on Bay bridge

Thanks ALTippet,

I am humbled by the breath and depth of knowledge you guys/ girls have and ever so willing to share.

chua

13. Re: is sunday 3 30pm- 5 30 pm peak hour traffic on Bay bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 16, 2013