We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental 8

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Car Rental 8

Has anyone had experience renting from car rental 8 in the bay area?

Canada
reviews: 5
1. Re: Car Rental 8

We just rented through them for a minvan in LAX Aug 26 to SFO Sept 10, 2012. It was surprisingly well priced and fantastic! When I found it was brokering Fox Rent a Car to us, I was hesitant because Fox has had some funky negative reviews. After calling in and talking to Car Rental 8, he assured us that LAX and SFO locations are CORPORATE run, and Head office is out of LA so service is better there. I called in and spoke with Sergio at Car Rental 8 and he explained everything to me, even after I expressed concerns with Fox Rent a Car. My Rental came to $446.24CAD to Car Rental 8. Which i paid for upfront, on July 6, for my Sept 9 rental. They said by me paying upfront, instead of the traditional when you pick it up, they can give me the low rate. Apparently the no-show for rentals is high so this guaranteed their car rental and my rental rate. I took the chance and did it! There is a fee you can pay for cancellation insurance. Because had quite a while to my rental date, they reduced that rate to $15, and if I didn't use the cancellation feature, they used the $15 towards insurance on windshield chips or whatever. So I said fine!! They emailed me a voucher right away, and for my own paranoia sake, I called Fox Rent a Car right away to confirm that my rental request was in the system, which it was. Naya at LAX Fox Rent a Car got grilled on all the details by me - that it was a minivan and not a Ford Flex (that happened to me last rental time with another company...they claimed a FLEX is a minivan because it had same amount of seats! I said, I have kids and car seats, if it doesn't have sliding doors, it ain't a darn minivan!) Anyway...it had unlimited mileage and no additional different location return fee. Then all I owed to Fox Rent a Car was $105.05USD for the taxes of the vehicle upon pick up, and $100USD deposit (which was returned to me at the end of the rental). This is dirt cheap for 15 days!!! I got a 2012 Grand Caravan SXT with 5612 Miles on it. The only thing I forgot to do was check the rear 3rd row seats when I picked up the car- it was a bit dirty with some spill stains on the cup rest area and back of the seats (like where you would put luggage etc), but other than that, the car was new and nice pretty clean. The regular $69.99USD that is charged for different location drop off was included in this price as well so that was awesome! The only thing that was a little awkward was when I went to pay/pick up the rental. The sales person was a little pushy with getting their additional insurance (I know they get commission for selling it), and I had to say no 3 times. She was a little huffy, but instead of making it worse, I broke the ice into a different topic with my 2 year old and then the tension was gone. It's what you make of the situation right? lol..

Based on this experience, I say Car Rental 8 is legit and I got a wicked price on a minivan! They had great customer service on the phone and were prompt via email.

P.S. If they spell your name on the voucher wrong, get it corrected ASAP or else it will be a pain in the butt when you pick up your rental. In the State of California, the secondary driver, if they are your spouse is FREE, and they don't even need to sign anything or show ID upon pick up. Also be aware that fox has a penalty for late and early return on rentals (early meaning less than what you originally said you'd rent for...9 days instead of 10). I filled my own gas to full before returning the car (they will ask if you want to pay their cheaper costs when you pick up the car) but I read reviews they charge you for a full tank whether is part full or whatever. Anyway, to avoid any possible issues, I just filled it myself.

Good Luck!!

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 59
2. Re: Car Rental 8

This thread looks highly suspicious to me...

montreal
reviews: 59
3. Re: Car Rental 8

Have booked with them 3 times. No problems at all. Fantastic prices with quick counter service. While it does seem to work out that they broker with Fox, I have had only great experiences. Absolutely recommend renting thru them!

4. Re: Car Rental 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 15, 2013