We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OAK to Fisherman's Wharf

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
OAK to Fisherman's Wharf

I need to get a family of 4 from OAK Int'l to the San Fran Fisherman's Wharf area. We will have a week's worth of luggage, so am willing to spend a little money for convenience. We land around 2pm if that's important....thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,514 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: OAK to Fisherman's Wharf

I presume there was a question in there. If your luggage fits in a cab, then a cab would be an option or you can rent a whole shuttle for your luggage and it will carry 4 of you.

BART to Embarcadero and a cab to FW is an option for folks who travel light

Houston
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: OAK to Fisherman's Wharf

I'm sorry. Yes, my main question was "What is the best way excluding BART - since I've been told BART is not good for folks with lots of luggage?".

If we take a cab can you just walk outside and grab one or book ahead?

Do only certain types serve the SF area? Are the cabs regulated or do I need to negotiate a fare?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
Level Contributor
32,936 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: OAK to Fisherman's Wharf

You'll pay the metered fare plus the bridge toll into the city.

You can just go outside and grab one -- no reservation needed.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: OAK to Fisherman's Wharf

You can take whichever taxi is there when you exit the terminal. Alternatively, you can take a shuttle. The table at http://www.flyoakland.com/shuttles.shtml shows which companies serve San Francisco.

The cost of a taxi will be about the same as a shuttle for 4. A private shuttle or town car is likely to be a little more expensive than a taxi, but the prices should be similar enough to be considered additional options.

Edited: 2:03 pm, August 06, 2012
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,514 posts
142 reviews
5. Re: OAK to Fisherman's Wharf

You did bring up the week's worth of luggage -- that is good -- please make sure you look at the temps -- two things are for sure -- it won't be muggy and it won't be hot and will be just the opposite of Houston in Summer so please do bring layers. We have an SF forum sticky post -- the first one which has plenty of trip reports for families -- perhaps they may be of interest to you

6. Re: OAK to Fisherman's Wharf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 21, 2013