We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raiders game-need help!

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 12
Raiders game-need help!

We are thinking of flying in on a Friday night (from Ontario, Canada), and leaving Monday morning, for a Raiders game. My husband is a die-hard fan, and I am hoping to surprise him with a trip to Oakland in November.

I need help! I am currently researching hotels, etc., but any advice from you would be helpful.

1. Any suggestions on where to stay? Oakland or SF? Looking for a clean hotel, without breaking the bank.

2. Should we rent a car?

Any other info. I should know is greatly appreciated! I have never been to California, so this is completely new to me.

Thanks!!!

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: Raiders game-need help!

Here are my suggestions:

1. Try for flights into Oakland airport (OAK).

2. Stay in downtown Oakland.

3. No need for a car. You can take BART (our subway system) to the game, to and from OAK, and to and from SF.

You can also stay in a hotel in SF, or Emeryville, depending on what you can find. Don't stay in a hotel near Oakland airport.

Ontario
2. Re: Raiders game-need help!

Great! Thanks for the info.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
3. Re: Raiders game-need help!

the non-stops on Virgin America and Air Canada are to SFO and not OAK. If you have never been to California and want to see this area, then SF would be the place to see and perhaps it would make sense to stay in SF and then go to the Raiders game by BART our local train -- so no car is necessary.

Hotels -- you can look at SF hotels and find something in your price range

Ontario
4. Re: Raiders game-need help!

We fly out of Buffalo; it's a lot less expensive. Checking out San Fran. hotels as well as Oakland hotels. San Fran might be out of our price range.

California
5. Re: Raiders game-need help!

BART is a perfect solution as it takes you to the Coliseum. Pretty fast ride from SF so no need to stay in Oakland. It's like 20 minutes from the Coliseum to the Embarcadero or 3 more minutes to Powell - Union Square..

Post your price range and dates.

Edited: 2:05 pm, July 27, 2012
oakland, ca
reviews: 20
6. Re: Raiders game-need help!

Ricky's in San Leandro - city just south of Oakland - is THE bay area raiders bar / restaurant. Go there Saturday afternoon for a pregame lunch. You'd need a car to get there, or Bayfair BART stop and a little walk.

Look at the BART map and plan on staying on the line to avoid a car. You could stay in Berkeley and get to the game easily

go Raiders!

7. Re: Raiders game-need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 18, 2013