We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we stay??????????

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 11
Where should we stay??????????

We are visiting Oakland and would like to stay at a nice hotel that is close to shopping and in a nice "wander-able" disctrict..that is centrally located We also have tix to a baseball game...

We will be staying a few days.

I've read some feedback and now I'm fretting that Oakland might not be the safest or best location to stay! Can someone help with some suggestions? We want to stay in Oakland - but maybe it's better to stay somewhere else and just go to the game!

Coconut Creek...
reviews: 268
11. Re: Where should we stay??????????

I stayed in Oakland at the Days Inn very close to the Oakland Colisseum for nine days and I found this motel to be quite nice.It was a good value and a twenty-minute walk to the BART Station. .The staff was very helpful .I felt safe in the immediate area.By the way,I saw the Oakland Athletics play twice in the Oakland Colisseum and I enjoyed the ambience of the ballpark.

Alaska
reviews: 6
12. Re: Where should we stay??????????

I just stayed at the Best Western Airport hotel on Hegerberger Loop in Oakland. The hotel was very close to the Coliseum BART station and Oakland A's stadium. The hotel has a courtesy van and they very good about picking up and and dropping us off at the BART.

Edited: 1:18 pm, July 30, 2011
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
reviews: 26
13. Re: Where should we stay??????????

Since BART is so close to Oakland lodging options, stay there in Oakland as planned, enjoy your ballgame and take BART over to SF for your exploring...it is a great way to get around and SF is one beautiful city that has great public transportation options!

14. Re: Where should we stay??????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 09, 2012