We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirBart

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 9
AirBart

I will need to get to Oakland airport from the Marriott Union Square hotel. How long should the trip take using BART to Coliseum then Airbart to Oakland? It will be a Saturday. Also, is the AirBart bus stop directly outside the Coliseum BART station or do I have to cross streets or walk a bit? I have read some posts that seem to portrait the area as very dangerous, which I doubt.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
1. Re: AirBart

AirBART right outside BART station, no need to cross the street. The area around the BART station is not some place you'd want to spend a lot of time. But if you are just taking AirBART there is not need to linger.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 59
2. Re: AirBart

The travel time on BART from Powell to Coliseum stations is 23 minutes. BART usually runs right on schedule. The travel time on AirBART from Coliseum Station to OAK is approximately 12 minutes. The travel time on AC Transit Route 73, which also runs between Coliseum Station and OAK, also takes 12 minutes.

AirBART picks up directly in front of the Coliseum Station, on the west side of the exit area. AC Transit Route 73 picks up across the street from the west side of the exit area. The immediate station is fine; the neighborhood directly east of the station (other direction from the bus loading area) should be avoided.

BART and AirBART information is available here: www.bart.gov/guide/airport/inbound_oak.aspx

AC Transit Route 73 information is available here: http://www.actransit.org

Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 9
3. Re: AirBart

Thanks for the info....

4. Re: AirBart

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 09, 2012