We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After an afternoon A's game??????

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
reviews: 11
After an afternoon A's game??????

My wife and I are heading out to the bay area next week staying in SF. We will not have a car and are taking the BART from the city to a Sunday afternoon game, after which we could just come back to SF but thought of maybe heading up to Jack London Square for a few post game drinks and taking the ferry back in the evening. I dont hear great things about the square, but we love being on the water. Will it be lively at that time, thoughts or ideas? Is it easy to catch a cab after the game up to the square? Thank you in advance for your help.

Berkeley, Ca.
reviews: 73
1. Re: After an afternoon A's game??????

There's some activity in Jack London Square, but it's not really the hub of things. I'd suggest getting back on BART, taking a Richmond train, and getting off at 19th St. station. Around there you could go to any one of a number of bars--Luka's (also a restaurant), Van Kleef, The Den in the restored Fox Theatre building, or others. It's not on the water, but it's more the center of bar/restaurant activity. When you're done, you could take BART back to the city, or go 20 blocks down Broadway and catch the ferry.

san francisco
reviews: 4
2. Re: After an afternoon A's game??????

Jack London square doesn't have a whole lot, but there are two very worthwhile spots: Heinold's Last Chance Saloon, pretty much the most charming bar you will ever see, and Everret and Jone's BBQ, great for a meal...

Minnesota
3. Re: After an afternoon A's game??????

can we easily catch a cab up there from the Coliseum Sunday afternoon after the game?

san francisco
reviews: 4
4. Re: After an afternoon A's game??????

yes there should be taxis at the BART station at the stadium. also you can take BART to 12th St. Oakland station and the square is about a 10-15 min walk from there.

Minnesota
5. Re: After an afternoon A's game??????

Thank you so much, will definitely pop up there after the game!

6. Re: After an afternoon A's game??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 03, 2012