We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long term parking near OAK?

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 58
Long term parking near OAK?

Our flight is super early on Sunday so don't want to bother anyone at that time to drive us (we're in San Jose). We'll be gone for a week and looking at long-term parking. The offsite locations are quite a bit cheaper $6.95 compared to $12 /day. Was wondering if anyone had experience with any of them and if they felt it's worth the savings considering it's further away.

Thanks!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 729
1. Re: Long term parking near OAK?

We usually use Park N Travel

http://i-parkntravel.com/

We generally reserve in advance and have not had a problem.

Most of the long term parking lots are ok around Oakland - and do not offer a plus or minus over another; so if you have a better deal on another, it is probably ok.

All are within a 5 minute or so shuttle bus ride to the airport (note: It actually takes shorter than it does at San Jose Airport to get to the terminal from the parking lots if you are used to flying out of San Jose.).

Have a safe and good flight.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
reviews: 59
2. Re: Long term parking near OAK?

I have used the Fast Track Blue lot before. It was quick and easy and only $6/day (now $6.95). The shuttle operated frequently, and it was ~5-7 minutes away from the airport terminal.

I can't vouch for the other lots, but I see their shuttles at Platform 4 at the airport and they all seem to have a similar operation. I would go with whichever offers the best mix of price and convenience. This may be the Expresso lot in your case, since you're coming from San Jose, but do note that the Expresso lot is a little further away than most of the others. The Expresso lot is also as little as $6.95/day.

http://www.avistarparking.com/fasttrack/

http://www.expressoparking.com

California
reviews: 58
3. Re: Long term parking near OAK?

Thanks for the replies. Since DH is driving i'll have him look at the locations to see if any seem easier for him. Otherwise, I guess I'll just go with best price. Good to know they're pretty much all decent, and faster access than San Jose off-airport parking!

Piedmont, California
reviews: 49
4. Re: Long term parking near OAK?

We just used Expresso Parking in San Leandro and were pleasantly surprised. If you reserve on line, you can park for $6 a day outside, but you also have the option of indoor parking or valet parking for $10. The employees are courteous and the transportation to the airport is swift.

I even had my car hand waxed while we were away and they did an excellent job. It was so nice to come home to my new looking car, clean and shining, vacuumed and dusted.

Two thumbs up!

5. Re: Long term parking near OAK?

Espresso has Peets Coffee and free newspapers. Be sure to walk to the main building instead of waiting at the remote shuttle stops as the shuttles in the morning fill up and do not pick anyone at the shuttle stops.

Modesto, California
reviews: 3
6. Re: Long term parking near OAK?

Well if you park at expresso airport Parking on Doolittle - make sure you read all the fine print - they have ad that says 6 dollars, but if you print it up and don't have the special coupon they charge you 9 95 a night! We found out the hard way and they aren't too nice about it at all!!! Thanks, but next time we will park down the road where they have no gimmicks and its 8 a night!

Modesto, California
reviews: 3
7. Re: Long term parking near OAK?

Well if you park at expresso airport Parking on Doolittle - make sure you read all the fine print - they have ad that says 6 dollars, but if you print it up and don't have the special coupon they charge you 9 95 a night! We found out the hard way and they aren't too nice about it at all!!! Thanks, but next time we will park down the road where they have no gimmicks and its 8 a night!

8. Re: Long term parking near OAK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 06, 2014