We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oakland A's Game

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Oakland A's Game

Hi all,

Coming over from the UK and hope to attend an Oakland A's game at the end of April, the Texas game.

The tickets seem really cheap compared to "soccer" tickets over here in the UK! One of the ticket selections is MVP Box at $48 a ticket. Does this mean we get our own private box? Or is it a box shared with others? Is it worth paying more for these seats?

Thanks

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 1,133
1. Re: Oakland A's Game

It is shared with others.

however the seating area gives good view of the game.

You want to be as close to home plate as possible.

One can get a good view of the seating area by looking at

…mlb.com/oak/ballpark/seats_3d.jsp

San Francisco...
2. Re: Oakland A's Game

I don't think the MVP box is actually a room but just mini sections of normal stadium seating.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
3. Re: Oakland A's Game

I have to disagree with mini when he writes that you want to be as close to home plate as possible.

The vantage point at most MLB stadiums is considerably poorer as one gets closer to the field making it more difficult to see the ball especially during day game when the background has plent of white shirts.

For Oakland, seats with a great view and good value would be the Plaza Infield Section, rows 1-8. Try to get seats within the boundries of 1st and 3rd base, or sections 213-222

Some people may argue, "what about the Field Infield section?" Those are good but if you try to get a "front row" in that section you are actually getting row 21 which has a walkway right in front of you, feeding the section below you and above you. This translates to a whole bunch of people walking in front of you during the game. This is very annoying.

Have fun!

Dr. Z

Lewiston, California
reviews: 63
4. Re: Oakland A's Game

It kind of depends,

When I first moved to the area I worked for a company that had 4 seats in the then third row directly behind home plates. Almost everybody I knew became my best friend! LOL

I personally Liked The Plaza level myself but to each their own.

PS The row behind was a VIP visitor row. Met a number of Reggie Jackson's then current girlfriends.

5. Re: Oakland A's Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 27, 2012