We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarion-Oakland Airport

Which Oakland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, PA
reviews: 29
Clarion-Oakland Airport

The Clarion near the Oakland Airport appears to have been sold again. It just recently changed from a Holiday Inn. Does anyone know what the hotel will be now?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
1. Re: Clarion-Oakland Airport

Could this be the Quality Inn on Enterprise Wy., opposite side of Frwy #880 from the Oakland Airport? I think the Clarion is part of the same hotel group as Quality is.

York, PA
2. Re: Clarion-Oakland Airport

I am pretty sure that it is not a Quality Inn. I checked the Choice Hotels website today and could not find the hotel I was looking for. The address of the Holiday Inn/Clarion is 500 Hegenberger Road.

York, PA
3. Re: Clarion-Oakland Airport

I am pretty sure that it is not a Quality Inn. I checked the Choice Hotels website today and could not find the hotel I was looking for. The address of the Holiday Inn/Clarion is 500 Hegenberger Road.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 26
4. Re: Clarion-Oakland Airport

Try checking with oaklandcvb.com (the convention and visitors bureau)- they should know if you want to stay at that same property.

York, PA
5. Re: Clarion-Oakland Airport

I had posted this earlier this year and still have not had my question answered. I am seeking any information regarding the current status (the current name and/or is the hotel still open) of a hotel located at 500 Hegenberger Road. It was last known as a Clarion, and was a Holiday Inn before that. I have asked the visitors bureau this same question, but they have been of no help to me. Has anyone stayed here recently? There have been a few recent reviews of the hotel on here, but none mention the name of the hotel. Also, if anyone happens to live in the Oakland area, please feel free to help answer this question.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
reviews: 68
6. Re: Clarion-Oakland Airport

Even tho' they still have the Clarion sign up, the hotel at 500 Hegenberger is now just called the Oakland Airport Hotel and their local # is: (510) 562-5311.

Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 52
7. Re: Clarion-Oakland Airport

The hotel is now called the "Oakland Airport Hotel". Their phone number is 510-562-5311. Strangely, if you go onto hotels.com or travelocity.com, it still shows the Clarion at that address (and has availability). I'd be safe and book with the hotel directly. BTW, they still haven't taken down the old Clarion sign.

The hotel did not sell. The people at Choice Hotels (owners of the Clarion chain) told me that their hotels are independently owned and operated allowing the owners of each property to undo their choice to be part of the "Clarion identity". It looks as if that's what happened here. The property owner has not changed (I know because I'm a real estate broker and I looked it up); the owner just 'opted out' of being part of the Clarion chain.

Hope this clears things up.

Have a nice stay.

York, PA
8. Re: Clarion-Oakland Airport

Thanks so much for the info. I was confused as to why every travel website had the hotel listed as a Clarion but yet it wasn't on the Choice Hotel website. I wasn't planning on staying there, but I was curious about the name of the hotel. Thanks again!