We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grocery store & good restaurant

Which Oakhurst hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 33
grocery store & good restaurant

Is there a fairly cheep grocery store and where? We are looking to get a few supplies, water bottles, lunch meats, bread, snacks, etc before we go into Yosemite. We will be staying in Oakhurst for 2 nights. What is a don't miss restaurant? We like the little hole in the wall type place nothing very touristy. Thanks in advance, Rhonda

4 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 74
1. Re: grocery store & good restaurant

Oakhurst is about 1 1/4 hours from the Valley, without delays at the South Entrance or delays for road work. Be prepared.

Both Von's and Raley's are located at the intersection of Hwy 41 and Hwy 49. They're large chains that will have everything. If you choose Von's (my preference) ask for a free Club Card to get discounts on food and gasoline.

I don't know about restaurants, other than the Taco Bell in Oakhurst is not one I'll ever go back to (and I like Taco Bell!)

reviews: 740
2. Re: grocery store & good restaurant

This past Sat. we played golf with my son and his wife at Yosemite Lakes and then went to El Cid for lunch in Oakhurst. The food is very good with friendly service. If you like seafood, there is Crab Cakes in Oakhurst that is also one of our favorites in this area. Have fun! :)

San Diego...
reviews: 29
3. Re: grocery store & good restaurant

A must miss is Katie's Country Kitchen. We ate dinner there and it was terrible. You can just see and taste the cheapness of the ingredients. Mashed potatoes made from an instant mix, that sort of thing. Ol' Kettle isn't much better. There is supposed to be a really good Chinese restaurant in Oakhurst, but I don't know the name of it.

I have not been to this yet, but I read raves on another discussion forum about the pizza at Pizza Factory in Oakhurst (it is a chain with many locations in that region, but the corporate headquarters are in Oakhurst). This is a second-hand, second-hand recommendation, but it was corroborated by several people in the thread I read. http://oakhurst.pizzafactory.com/

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 74
4. Re: grocery store & good restaurant

We like the Pizza Factory in Weed, but maybe that's because of the long hours on the road between the Seattle area and Yosemite. Haven't tried the one in Oakhurst, but I would if I were in town.

Reply to: grocery store & good restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted