We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report Oakhurst/Yosemite

Which Oakhurst hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pacific Grove...
reviews: 26
trip report Oakhurst/Yosemite

Oakhurst has very nice people. We encountered them at Starbucks, hotel, Ol' Kettle House in the early morning, and a few other places.

We decided to stay at Gateway Best Western and were very happy there for the price. It was clean, great indoor pool, lots of soft pillows, nice grounds, accomodated me after my hotels.com reservation seemed to have a glitch and say we were getting therr next week instead of now, and wonderful large room for $89.99/night.

We ate at Ol' Kettle house in the morning. Would have tried Sweetwater Steakhouse but it opened at 0830, too late for us earlier birds with 7 and 4 year old. The food was fine. Good pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns. And picky 7 year old ate the french toast. Very friendly staff.

For dinner we ate at Todds BBQ. DH loved all the side dishes, potato salad, coleslaw, chili beans, fries. Wings were good. It was good BBQ, but I love Dougs in Oakland the best. We were too full to try desert. Got out of there the four of us for under $40.

We had our snow fun at Badger Pass on Saturday. I had forgotten my coat, but it was so sunny I did not need it. We had a few ski lessons for the kids, and tubing.

The next day we went to Yosemite Valley. It was raining. Not snowing. So we got a little wet, but the valley is even beautiful in the rain.

It takes 5 hours from the valley to our home on the Monterey Peninsula. It takes an hour from Oakhurst to Badger Pass, and a bit more to the valley.

2 replies to this topic
reviews: 721
1. Re: trip report Oakhurst/Yosemite

Sounds like you had a great time! We spent Valentine's night in nearby Bass Lake at The Pines Resort. We'll have to try Ol' Kettle sometime. Thanks for the report back! :)

California
reviews: 70
2. Re: trip report Oakhurst/Yosemite

thanks for sharing. We are going to Yosemite and will probably spend the first night in Oakhurst as well.

Reply to: trip report Oakhurst/Yosemite
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted