We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comimg from SF then going to Monterey, where to stay?

Which Oakhurst hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 2
Comimg from SF then going to Monterey, where to stay?

Planning a 3 nights, 21/2 day visit to Yosemite. Is it worth it to stay in the park?

And If not , what would be a good place to stay to minimize travel time morning and night. we are coming from San Francisco then leaving fro Monterey.

In what "order" should we see the park?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
1. Re: Comimg from SF then going to Monterey, where to stay?

Hi tennisfan. You'll get lots more feedback if you post on the Yosemite forum. We can give you Oakhurst ideas as well as other out of Park (and IN Park) lodging ideas.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g61000-i315-Yosemi…

reviews: 723
2. Re: Comimg from SF then going to Monterey, where to stay?

Hi, we like the Bass Lake area, the Pines Resort is a nice place to check out. If you want to stay in Oakhurst, I would recommend either the Shilo Inn or the Best Western Gateway Inn there. Have fun! :)

New York
reviews: 2
3. Re: Comimg from SF then going to Monterey, where to stay?

thank you. I will post on Yosemite's forum

4. Re: Comimg from SF then going to Monterey, where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 11, 2010