We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book hotel in advance!!! NOT at Sierra Sky Ranch

Which Oakhurst hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dallas, texas
reviews: 12
Book hotel in advance!!! NOT at Sierra Sky Ranch

we went on vacation in northern california to SF, Monterey and Yosemite. I had this "grand plan" to just stop along the way to Yosemite and get a room ... WRONG CHOICE!

I had booked our rooms every other place and just assumed i could get a room somewhere along the way. When we checked out of Monterey, the staff suggested the Best Western in Oakhurst - said it was the nicest place in Oakhurst. Well... we got there and it was FULL!!! OH MAN! So they directed us to Sierra Sky Ranch. We followed their directions and went there. It was in a nice setting - lots of trees, etc. but the place was SOOO overpriced. The bedding was fine, but the rooms are very cramped and the shower/bathroom really needs updating. Whoever intalled those shower heads must have been 5'0" bc I had to almost do a back bend to wash my hair !!! :) It was "rustic"!

I paid more for that one night there than I did at any other place we stayed. I would not stay here again.

reviews: 723
1. Re: Book hotel in advance!!! NOT at Sierra Sky Ranch

Thanks for reporting about your stay, you may want to consider writing a review to help other travelers with their travel plans. Next time you may want to check out the Pines Resort in Bass Lake, they have chalets that are pretty reasonably priced. This is a beautiful property with a nice swimming pool and great restaurant, Ducey's on the Lake. :)

2. Re: Book hotel in advance!!! NOT at Sierra Sky Ranch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, November 27, 2009