We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
AZ
Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

Found two rentals on vrbo just can't decide which location.Taking my 85 year old mom, 26 year old son and my husband and I. Thanks

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 143
1. Re: Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

Mission Beach is in San Diego. If you are looking for something in Newport Beach, Balboa Peninsula is a good location.

edmonton
reviews: 43
2. Re: Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

mission beach - make sure you know if it is on the ocean beach or the bay side. both are nice but some people make mistakes thinking they are getting one and end up on the other. make sure you have a parking spot. parking is tough down there.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
3. Re: Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

Your 85 year old mother would like Newport Beach better, your 26 year old son would like Mission Beach better.

Redlands, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 3
4. Re: Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

What else do you want to do? Disneyland is close to Newport/Balboa and Mission Beach is close to Sea World. Balboa Pennisula and Mission Beach are about an hour to an hour and a half apart. As for the ages in your party, I think all will be just fine in Balboa/Newport. It fills up with 20 somethings in the summer, so the 26 yr old will love it.

Edited: 5:25 am, March 11, 2013
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
5. Re: Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

Newport rentals, at least the nicest ones on the beach don't get as much of the young set as they used to because the prices have gotten so high and the city has been stricter on enforcing the occupancy rules and the owners themselves have been stricter too about renting to a two bedroom designed for 4 people and then having 10 people pack in.

AZ
6. Re: Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

Jusr relax. Restaurants nearby, boardwalk to walk on. I think each of these places have that to offer just need a little help deciding.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
7. Re: Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

Both have what you are looking for, I just think Newport Beach might be a bit more sedate than Mission Beach especially if you get a unit south of the Newport Pier.

8. Re: Balboa Pennisula or Mission Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 13, 2014