We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need advice please

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
168 posts
need advice please

I am looking at a vacation rental at peninsula point. Is this a good location to be? We will have a car . Thanks

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: need advice please

I know the area but not that specific neighborhood. I believe this is what you are referring to. bcre.com/balboa-peninsula-point-newport-beac… As you can see, the homes are very expensive.

Yes it is a good location in Newport Beach, minutes from the beach and many excellent restaurants and shopping.

Level Contributor
716 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: need advice please

The Point, in my opinion, as a former property owner and resident of the peninsula, is a very nice place. It is probably the most quiet place on the BP. If you are looking for party time then you are looking at the wrong place.

The beach on the poiint is wide and uncrowded and the wedge is a nice place to watch the body surfers. If you are are expert body surfer then you could give it a try.

Edited: 8:13 pm, January 30, 2013
Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
867 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: need advice please

It is a great quiet area, but still walkable to the shops and restaurants of the pavilion area.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
322 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: need advice please

I grew up on Peninsula Point, so I am biased. As the name implies, it is the very end of the Peninsula. As such, there's less traffic except in the late afternoon/evening on very busy beach days (such as around July 4). Another difference from other parts of the Peninsula is that there isn't a boardwalk between the oceanfront homes and the beach. The beach is wide and lovely, but there aren't any public restrooms or services past A Street (the streets are lettered A through M from the Pavilion to the jetty). The homes vary from multi-million dollar mansions on either the beach or bayfront to smaller cottages. If you rent on Peninsula Point, you'd probably enjoy renting some bikes, too. It is a quieter area of the Peninsula that usually has fewer rental properties than the rest of the Peninsula. There is a public dock in the neighborhood, but you won't find any services there.

Level Contributor
168 posts
5. Re: need advice please

Thankyou very much to all of you for your advice.

6. Re: need advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 02, 2014