We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NewJersey
reviews: 8
Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

Looking to spend 5 days in OC in May and torn between two places we've found on VRBO..one in Huntington Beach, the other on Balboa Peninsula. Would appreciate any feedback :)

11. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:10 am, January 30, 2013
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 144
12. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

I couldn't disagree with Remdog more. Each of the beach cities is beautiful and has its charms. I like Newport Beach but not its density and traffic. And there are no good hotels at the beach. But it's got good restaurants and shopping.

Huntington Beach has beautiful wetlands and wildlife viewing and wide open beaches with good parking.

Laguna Beach has a jagged coastline with beautiful cliff views.

And we've got more than three lovely coastal communities. Seal Beach is one of my favorites and his a great beach and pier and a small town Main street shopping district. San Juan Capistrano has a mission and unique town. San Clemente is beautiful and has great charm. There is enough for everyone.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 144
13. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

Sorry Dana Point -- you slipped my mind. Dana Point is a charming community and has several waterfront restaurants and shops at its marina.

Midwest
reviews: 62
14. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

Newport Beach: Harbor 1

H.B: Harbor 0

It's very cut and dried. Those are the fact's and you got to be a destination expert for Newport Beach, how!?!

<<<<

Are you for real?

http://www.stockteam.com/peters_landing.html

"Huntington Harbour in the northern portion of Huntington Beach encompasses five manmade islands bounded by a network of navigable channels and the land surrounding them. Its waterways are lined with beautiful multi-million dollar homes, boat docks, yachts and the popular Duffy boats. Huntington Harbour includes a few small beaches, many beautiful parks and public channels and waterways perfect for kayaking. "

New York
reviews: 7
15. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

W stopped at Dana Point on our last trip and found it very lovely and charming

16. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:08 am, January 30, 2013
Midwest
reviews: 62
17. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

I understand there are people who dont like Huntington Beach REM, and I understand why. However, its clearly not appropriate to say things that are untrue to discount them. This pattern of poor advice and disinformation doesnt help people. Yes, its a Harbor, its a nice harbor too

Huntington Beach says its a Harbor(as well as a Marina)

The State of California says its a Harbor

huntingtonbeachca.gov/Government/Departments…

I for sure say its a Harbor

So. Cal
reviews: 19
18. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

Good grief Remdog- why do you always melt down when someone has a different perspective? Surely you must realize at your age not everyone likes or sees things the same way. State your position and move on.

New York
reviews: 7
19. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

Huntington Beach has a great vibe which tourists will love...I love both Newport and Huntington and they are so close you can stay at either and daytrip to the other...Huntington pier is awesome to watch the surfers

20. Re: Balboa Peninsula or Huntington Beach?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 28, 2014