We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Boat Parade

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 31
Christmas Boat Parade

I grew up in Newport and return several times a year. A couple of years ago, we came during the Christmas Boat Parade and had a great dinner at one of the restaurants on PCH to watch the parade. This year, I thought it would be fun to ride in the parade on a boat, but my husband gets cold VERY easily and I want to find a boat we can ride on with inside seating available for him. A full bar would be nice also ;-) Do you locals know of a place on PCH that has boats going out in the parade, or do we have to go to the penninsula (Newport Landing, etc) to go out. I'm trying to avoid the penninsula as I remember how difficult parking & driving can b during parade nights.

Any boats going out of the Balboa Bay Club, or anyplace near there?

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 23
11. Re: Christmas Boat Parade

I certainly hate to be a Grinch at this time of the year but, in case you aren't aware, there is group of homeowners and boat owners that are proposing a boycott of the boat parade over some new dock fees being proposed by the City of Newport Beach. You can follow the story here: dailypilot.com/news/…3702160.story and here: dailypilot.com/opinion/…6204056.story. Hopefully, this will work itself out.

laguna niguel, ca
Destination Expert
for Honolulu
reviews: 12
12. Re: Christmas Boat Parade

$100 rent to be in public harbor space, these owners are worse than the dock workers

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
reviews: 13
13. Re: Christmas Boat Parade

Went last night to watch the opening fireworks and the Boat Parade. Wonderful 10 minutes of Fireworks (they will do a larger show on Sunday Night off the Balboa Pier). Didn't notice any sort of protest, unless I truly looked for a house without lights. There are more than enough left lit.

Here are lots of Photos and Video from last night's event.

http://tinyurl.com/bspte9f

FYI, the American Legion on 15th Street is selling $10 cases of Guinness, that's right 24 bottles for just $10! Sales start at 4 PM, located in the rear parking lot

14. Re: Christmas Boat Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 22, 2013