We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

StayPC Vacation Rentals

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sun City West...
reviews: 1
StayPC Vacation Rentals

What experience has anyone had with StayPC vacation Rentals?

13 replies to this topic
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 140
1. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

TA has hijacked your message so that the vacation rentals link brings up TA's vacation rentals. If you are referring to this StayPC rental staypc.com/vacation-rentals-homes.asp… they are just offering a time share condo at the Marriott Newport Coast Resort. I would contact the Marriott directly to see what prices they would offer directly before jumping on a third party time share offer.

Sun City West...
2. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

Did you use StayPC or is your advice just general ?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
reviews: 140
3. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

I'm just referring to the Newport listing on StayPC's web site. I have not used them.

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 23
4. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

Personally, I've never heard of this company but I went to their website to look at what they were listing. I see numerous discrepancies in their write-up.

This appears to be a third party broker. They want 50% up front and the balance 90 days prior to check-in. I don't see any refund policy. Marriott will rent available units directly, usually with all the policies that they use in their hotels.

You can also go to www.tug2.com and check to see owners that are renting their space on their own. For instance, there is an NCV listing currently for week 26 at $1800.00. Once again, this is a private party listing so you have to be careful. My sister just did a deal with a private owner at a Hyatt timeshare in Key West a few weeks ago. The deal went smoothly, she was very happy with the property and she got a very good deal. But, had they canceled at the last moment, there was no refund.

Sun City West...
5. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

Thanks for the tip about Tug2.com. I went to the site found a rental, contacted the owner and have a rental agreement and we are ready to go. It was a great resource. So thanks again!

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 23
6. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

You're welcome.

After your trip, when you have the time, please post about your experience with this kind of vacation rental. It may help others seeking info in the future.

Sao Jose Dos...
7. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

I read this post before I took my trip and spent a week checking references on the staypc before I spent more than $5000 on a 2 week vacation. We are still on our trip and Paul and staypc were awesome. I wanted to post something so the next time someone googled it they can see my reference. Check out staypc on facebook and if anyone wants a reference, let me know. It worked out great for me. Take care!

Elkhorn, WI
reviews: 10
8. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

Have listed my Harborside/Atlantis time share for rent in March 2012 through Redweek.com. I received a message from StayPc telling me they have someone wanting my unit and to get back to them asap. Therefore I thought I would check here to see what experience others have had with them. It sounded a little shakey.

Edmonds, Washington
9. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

Hello, tracymae, wonder if you rented you time share through StayPC Vacation Rentals? I just received a request from them with the same message. They also look me up at Redweek.com. Please let me know your experience with them. Thanks.

Encinitas, CA
reviews: 11
10. Re: StayPC Vacation Rentals

I rented my HGVC Hawaiian timeshare through Paul Goldman and StayPC. I got my money all up front within a week of agreement. They contacted me through my Redweek posting. Gave me full price. I know they charged their client more, but I was happy with what I got. I read another posting here on TA, that StayPC may send me a W9 for tax purposes. They did not inform me of that and will be very unhappy if they do. Ask them about that before you make any agreements.

Reply to: StayPC Vacation Rentals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted