We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayshores Peninsula hotel

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 7
Bayshores Peninsula hotel

Can sometone tell me what is within walking distance of this hotel. I lke to stay at places that have a "town" you can walk to or at least places to eat, etc. Are there any other hotels that have easy walking distance to restaurants,shops, beach?Thanks

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 2
1. Re: Bayshores Peninsula hotel

From the hotel there are a number of restaurants you can walk to - most are very casual/ mid priced so if you are looking for something more upscale you would be better off staying around Fashion Island.

Shopping is pretty limited as well, and fairly limited to beachwear/tourist type shops. Again, the more upscale shopping is located in Fashion Island which is about a 15 -20 minute drive from where you are staying.

Depending upon what you are interested in doing, you may want to consider staying in Laguna Beach. It definitely has more of a "town" feel and has a very large choice of restaurants - both mid priced and upscale.

New York
reviews: 7
2. Re: Bayshores Peninsula hotel

Thank you - I was looking for touristy shops. I can shop upscale at home. We've actually stayed in Laguna before and loved it - just looking for something different. My teenage son was a bit bored by Laguna and I thought Newport might have more to do. Opinions?

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 2
3. Re: Bayshores Peninsula hotel

Hello GLM,

As for things to do on the Balboa Peninsula here are a few suggestions.

1. Rent bikes and ride down to the Ferry (by the Pavilion) and take the ferry across to Balboa Island. Very cute shops along Marine Ave.! There is also a fairly long "boardwalk" along the peninsula which is great for a bike ride.

2. Sign up for a surfing lesson - they provide boards and wetsuits - if you need info. on this let me know and I can post some.

3. Another fun option would be to take the Flyer to Catalina Island for the day. If you have never been it is worth doing. The trip takes about 45 minutes (approximately 26 miles from Newport). The flyer leaves from the Pavilion and is an easy trip. In Avalon you can do some touristy shopping, rent kayaks and tool around the harbor, take a glass bottom boat tour or sign up for one of the jeep tours to tour the interior of the Island. If you type in Avalon, CA into Google you can check out their tourism page to give you an idea of what is available. FYI,there is a small beach as well but the beaches on the peninsula are better IMO. If you wanted to kayak or do other water related activities there are public showers and changing facilities there right along the harbor .

4. Rent one of the electric boats at Duffy boats (this is across from the peninsula on Pacific Coast Highway). The boats are pretty easy to drive and you can do your own tour of the bay - beautiful homes and boats! The also have boat rentals right by the Pavilion (I think the Duffy's are nicer but both get you out on the water!).

Well, that is just off the top of my head but if I think of something else I will post it!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 1,778
4. Re: Bayshores Peninsula hotel

Bayshores Peninsula is a fun place to stay and a 2 minute walk to the ocean and a 2 minute walk to the bay. They have chairs for the ocean, continental breakfast, and warm cookies in afternoon. Its a 5 to 10 minute walk to restaurants, and some touristy stores. Its about a ten minute drive to Balboa Fun Zone area. You might also want to take a look at the Balboa Inn. (we have not stayed there but did have dinner there...and its a very close walk to Balboa Fun Zone and where the tourist boats go out, etc. Either place is nice and walkable to things to do. We enjoyed our stay at the Bayshores Peninsula.

5. Re: Bayshores Peninsula hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:24 am, September 27, 2009