We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

Which Nevada City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lacey, WA
reviews: 3
NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

The Gold Country is a wonderful place of scenic rolling hills and lots of little gold rush towns--Hwy 49 provides a wonderful road trip of all. Nevada City, CA is a great stop too. Nice shops, lots of restaurants in the little town (they are a bit pricey in the tourist area--I mean like $14 for a hamburger? Pleez. I had some business to do there and didn't want to pay higher prices for a hotel or B&B and found a wonderful little airbnb home to stay in for just $40/night. If you haven't checked out air bnb, do it and just enter Nevada City, CA. It was my first air bnb trip but totally worth it and I'll do it again on my next trip. This home was just 2 mi out of town and you couldn't 'walk it' because it was uphill going back, so you needed a car--but it left me more money to spend in the fun shops. I did my part buying things in town. Chamber of Commerce centrally located where you can pick up lots of info on what to do. Perfect spot for a 3 day weekend. I just happened to stay seven days. Remember a hat if you head sunburns--going from shop to shop in the sun made me stop and buy a hat. Great little hat store though in middle of walking town. Pine Street Cafe great olalliberry pancakes (cross between a blackberry and a raspberry yum yum) and had xlnt good breakfasts, Ike's patio was fun for lunch or dinner, but I also heard they had great breakfasts too. I only tried Ike's for lunch and dinner.

7 replies to this topic
California
reviews: 56
1. Re: NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

Sorry but this sounds like a promotion

Lassen National...
reviews: 11
2. Re: NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

I thought the same thing, but maybe she does advertising in her profession? Anyway, Nevada City is a great town.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
3. Re: NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

Thanks for the report. Nevada city doesn't get much mention here, but is a good stop if one is visiting the Gold Country.

****nsgw. A promotion for what? Nevada City? airbnb? Pne Street Cafe? Ike's Patio?

What does a person from Lacey, WA have to gain by recommending these? BigGreenChair says he/she was there for seven days on business.

I think you are off base on this.****

I do not find this any more 'advertising' than the usual trip report which recommends restaurants, and etc.

Edited: 9:20 pm, June 16, 2012
Vancouver...
reviews: 24
4. Re: NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

All you need to do, nsgw, is go to her previous postings to find out. Simple? Chuck...

Lassen National...
reviews: 11
5. Re: NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

You can create a profile & say you are from anywhere. Anyway, I thought the same thing when reading the post, but then I also thought for what? Perhaps an AirBnb search will reveal only one place in NV City. Perhaps we are totally wrong.

California
reviews: 56
6. Re: NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

I should have been more explicit in what I considered a promotion.

The web site that she said she obtained her accomodations from has been under a certain amount of scrutiny. I would recommend that anyone visiting Nevada City, or an yother place for that matter, should consider patronizing established hotels, inns, and B and B's.

I did not attempt to disuade anyone from visiting Nevada City. I live in the Gold Country and have posted many times about visiting our wonderful and historic part of California. There are so many wonderful towns along and even off Highway 49 that deserve a visit. Remember that this area is the real birthplace of California

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
7. Re: NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot

nsgw. "the website she obtained her accommodations'....do you mean airbnb? That is the only one I see mentioned.

I would not use it, nor would I use VRBO, but that is my quirk. I don't see her post as being a tout for airbnb. It is mentioned all the time in these forums.

Reply to: NEVADA CITY, CA-great getaway spot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted