We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Laundry Alternative?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cerritos, California
French Laundry Alternative?

it's our 10 yr anniversary and I called 140 times (no lie...looked at my phone) from 10 am for 40 minutes straight just to get on the wait list.... LOL... Ok I am assuming my name won't be called, so any suggestions? We are coming from So Cal, most likely fly? since we have 3 little ones that would be with family and or a sitter... Recommendations?

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
reviews: 40
1. Re: French Laundry Alternative?

That's really two different questions ... anniversary dinner (1) with or (2) without small children. You can find siiters in Napa Valley to care for your children while you enjoy a fine dining experience.

Are you willing to leave the kids behind? If not, there are lots of family-friendly choices among restaurants in Napa Valley, but it won't be the fine dining experience one typically seeks in Napa Valley to celebrate a special occasion.

menlo park, ca
reviews: 69
2. Re: French Laundry Alternative?

Bouchon in Yountville

reviews: 767
3. Re: French Laundry Alternative?

Meadowood is very nice! :)

Cerritos, California
4. Re: French Laundry Alternative?

thanks for your responses. Sorry for the confusion. We would leave kids with family for the night. We have been to the Bouchon in Beverly Hills, but not in Yountville. I will look at Meadowood as well.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

reviews: 767
5. Re: French Laundry Alternative?

There is a very nice restaurant in St. Helena called Terra that would also be great for an anniversary celebration. It is a smaller venue with excellent food and service. :)

Glendale, Arizona
reviews: 5
6. Re: French Laundry Alternative?

Redd is fabulous! It's just down the street from FL. It's right across from the Villagio in Yountville.

7. Re: French Laundry Alternative?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 25, 2014