We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Napa...

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
reviews: 2
First visit to Napa...

May 3rd-6th, my wife and I will be making our first trip to Napa and San Fran. We hope to get to Napa by 4pm on the 3rd, stay the night of the 3rd and the 4th and then stay the night in San Fran on the 5th(our return flight is on the 6th at 2:40pm). We are hoping to do the Robert Mondavi tour late on the 3rd(either the 4pm tour or the 5pm Twilight tour), from there check into our hotel/Inn/B&B in Napa(recommendations on where to stay appreciated) and then head to downtown Napa for the night for dinner and take advantage of the Downtown Napa Wine Tasting Card. For our full day on the 5th, I am looking for a good itinerary for the day(my wife and I are wine novices and have just started enjoying wine, we both prefer whites over reds, but would like to get some variety). Would like to see as much as possible without feeling totally rushed. Then dinner and more time in downtown Napa that night. We will head back to San Fran on the morning of the 5th. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
1. Re: First visit to Napa...

Well, you should probably focus first on your accommodations. There are a couple of dozen places you could stay in Napa. Check out the TA reviews. Type of lodging you want and budget are primary factors in choosing.

For wineries, there are hundreds to choose from. If you don't know what wineries you want to visit, you might consider joining a small group tour from one of the wine touring companies.

For the best scenery, try to get up to the Upper Valley between St. Helena and Calistoga and/or one of the mountain areas such as Howell or Spring Mountain. Here's a good resource to use for finding wineries in the various wine regions.

napavintners.com/about/napa_valley_appellati…

There are links there to the various grape growing districts.

2. Re: First visit to Napa...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 14, 2014