We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa Valley Visit - February or March

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 14
Napa Valley Visit - February or March

Hello,

My fiancee and I are going either this month or next, and that's I wanted to ask you.

As far as scenery, is there a big difference between going around February 18 - 23 and around March 10 - 17? It's only 2 - 3 weeks between those periods, but I wonder if those 2 - 3 weeks later Napa Valley will look even more beautiful?

I was looking at some pictures of Napa in February and I don't see so much greenery. Maybe March would be a better time to enjoy the views.

I understand April is the best time but unfortunately we cannot make it later in the spring.

I would greatly appreciate an advice.

St. Helena...
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
reviews: 40
1. Re: Napa Valley Visit - February or March

In February, the valley is awash in bright yellow mustard (a cover crop between vineyard rows) and many of the flowering trees will be in bloom. The grapevines are still dormant.

In March, the grapevines start bud break, and that's when all those brown vineyard blocks start turning brilliant green. Only Mother Nature knows exactly when bud break will occur in 2013. It depends on the amount of rain and warm sun over the next several weeks. Today my thermometer says it is 72 degrees (and sunny) in Napa.

Edited: 6:16 pm, February 01, 2013
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
2. Re: Napa Valley Visit - February or March

I would not worry about that as much as I would about the rainy weather in either month but that is hard to know in advance. Get the best deal on your hotel imho and you will enjoy Napa anytime of the year. At least we do

reviews: 718
3. Re: Napa Valley Visit - February or March

We go yearly in March and love to see the mustard blooming. March has been a very nice time to visit for us. :)

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
4. Re: Napa Valley Visit - February or March

Just go. It will be great, whatever.

Something nobody mentioned is that, either month, the hills will be emerald green, unlike their golden brown in the summer and fall.

If you have time to go over to the Sonoma Coast,Bodega Bay, the drive through the Sonoma Valley is spectacular at that time, and on your way you can visit Armstrong Grove Redwoods. This would be an easy day trip.

Edited: 11:39 pm, February 02, 2013
5. Re: Napa Valley Visit - February or March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 04, 2014