We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Going to Napa Valley for my 40th birthday with my husband in August. Trying to decide on hotel, either Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn. I've never been to Napa before, so we want to make it as special as possible!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Why those two ? One is just at the start of the valley and a drive from the main valley (Carneros Inn) while the other is mid valley. What else are you planning to do. We love Carneros Inn -- lovely rooms great service, nice pool which you will need in August and great food.

New York City, New...
2. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Well I am looking for something top notch... Wanted to stay at bardessono but it is sold out already! I do like the idea that hotel yountville is in walking distance to restaurants, etc... We're going to just do wine tours, eat good food and relax... Just want to have first class accommodations. Are these two good picks? Thx for your response!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
3. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

You can hop skip and jump into some of the great restaurants in Yountville so if you are into food coma -- that is the place to have that coma LOL

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
4. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

They are both excellent choices. Yountville has many fine restaurants but the Carneros Inn has two very good ones too.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 8
5. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

We like staying in Yountville. Great community for walking to restaurants, shops, etc and several excellent hotels. Have happily stayed @ Hotel Yountville, Villagio, and Vintage Inn...all excellent choices! Hotel Luca might also be worth considering. Small (just 20 rooms I think) but definitely upscale.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
6. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Hotel Luca is now the North Block Hotel:

http://northblockhotel.com/

reviews: 713
7. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Hotel Yountville is nice, we stayed there twice when it was The Yountville Inn. The rooms are spacious and there is a nice heated pool. A breakfast buffet is included with your room, also.

The Villagio Inn & Spa is another one to consider. This is also a very nice hotel with a champagne breakfast buffet, very nice heated pool and pretty grounds dotted with fountains. Have fun! :)

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 8
8. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Thanks for update on Luca! Our last visit was September 2011. Villagio and Vintage Inn are sister properties; both included champagne breakfast/brunch and late afternoon bites with price of accommodations...Villagio's a notch better I thought, but both very good.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
9. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Hotel Yountville is our favorite. We love the rooms, with private patio looking out over the creek. Nice breakfast included. Walking distance to restaurants.

Moraga, California
10. Re: Hotel Yountville or Carneros Inn?

Carneros Inn is by far my favorite spot in wine country. Its casual elegance, vineyard views and private luxury all combined in one resort. And it offers everything including three restaurants, two pools (one overlooking the vineyards), spa facilities, fantastic work out room and the service is top notch. There's really no reason to leave the resort, but of course wineries, shopping, etc. are all within a short drive.