JGift ... you are right. It can be overwhelming. That is why I started my company, HarvestWineTours.com. We produce self-guided tours of Napa & Sonoma to help people decide where to go, without the high cost of a tour company. If you send me info on your bike tour, I will be happy to give you some insight. We have a bike tour of Calistoga as well, and I will be happy to let you know if I think you are missing any of the great wineries in the area.
RG54 ... here are my thoughts for you;
- Sterling - Very nice, and unique. The only winery that is accessible by tram. Beautiful views of the valley. I would keep it on the list, and I recommend the reserve tasting.
- Robert Mondavi - A big name in Napa, but I think you can do better. Unless you are planning on tasting their reserve wines. I think those are wonderful. But I think there are a lot more special and interesting places to visit.
- Frog's Leap - Very nice. Beautiful grounds. By appointment. I would put them on the maybe list, but since they are by appt, you have to commit to include them in one of your two days.
- Silver Oak - Yes. Great wines. If its in the budget, try a vertical tasting. It is fun to see how the wine has varied in taste over the years.
- Pride - Yes. By appt. Commit to that one. It is at the top of Spring Mountain. The views are incredible. It is also unique in that there property is in both Napa and Sonoma. Did you know their wines have been served at the White House. This is a don't miss winery!
- Castello di Amorosa - Very pretty! A chance to visit a real castle. Not the best wines in the valley, but a very nice experience overall.
- Rutherford Hill - Never been. It's on my short list to visit soon, but can't help with that one today.
- V. Sattui - Ok for a picnic lunch, but I think you can do better. It is very busy, and their barbeque lunch is not what is once was. That's what comes with HUGE success. I would recommend buying lunch at nearby Oakville Grocery and heading to a different winery with great wines and a picnic area.
- O'Brien Estate - Never been. Not even on my short list, sorry.
- Envy - Nice. Finally a quaint winery, lol. Nice tasting room, friendly staff. If you send me an e-mail, I will give you the name of two wineries right in the area that I think you may enjoy more.
Have a great trip!