We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston,Texas
reviews: 6
6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

Hi everyone,

Trying to book a last minute, late April trip to Napa with the girls. Since it's creeping up on us, I feel like I have less time to do an intensive research like I usually do for my other trips, so please help!

The girls have all decided to stay in a B&B in Napa so I'm only looking at that portion of the reviews in TA (and honestly at this point, I'm taking the top ten of that list and just narrowing it down). The budget is low, around $250-300/night.

I understand that most B&B's are geared toward couples and it's hard to determine by pictures and reviews which would be good for a girls relaxing weekend. Does anyone have a pref out of these?

Again, criteria:

- budget $250-300ish

- B&B look & feel

- location-wise, hopefully walking distance to some restaurants,etc

- good for group

Inn on Randolph (good contender)

The Cottages of Napa Valley (might be out due to price)

Arbor Guest House

The Inn On First (high contender)

Candlelight Inn

Cedar Gables Inn

White House Inn & Spa

Churchill Manor Bed and Breakfast

Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast

Beazley House

Many thanks,

RTB

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
1. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

I'm afraid this is beyond my expertise. You might state how many nights and how many rooms you will need so others may offer you advice.

I have friends that do this every year but they rent a house over at Sea Ranch. They don't stay in a B&B.

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 41
2. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

Just FYI, most B&Bs will have one bed per room (king or queen), rather than 2 doubles, as well as a limited number of rooms. I'd also consider small hotels that won't feel like a massive chain, but might be suited -- Villagio in Yountville is one I'm familiar with, but there must be others.

Houston,Texas
3. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

Eek, ok thanks for the advice.

We are staying Thurs-Sunday in late April (date not locked down yet), so 3 nights/4 days and we will be needing 5 rooms (10 girls total now) as we figured they'd only allow 2 pp/room (and like mentioned, since the beds are queen/king).

Flying into SFO and thinking of taking that shuttle/bus into Napa instead of renting a car (which is why we thought staying in Napa would be best versus other towns in the valley---please correct me if I'm wrong).

We are definitely screwed doing this last minute...haha! We looked into the #1 ranked Best Western Inn but they're booked solid. We havent started calling the above mentioned B&Bs yet for availability, though online we've checked and only 2-3 rooms are available at a time. Crap!

reviews: 708
4. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

We have stayed at Villagio and loved it there! :)

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
5. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

Evans Airport Service can also take you to inns or hotels in Yountville for an extra fee.

evanstransportation.com/rates_scheduled_airp…

Places like Silverado Resort, Bella Resort, and the Westin Verasa have 2 bedroom suites (maybe even 3 bedroom?). That might make more sense than staying in intimate B&Bs. But, you know your style of accommodations better than I.

Houston,Texas
6. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

Just checked Villagio, sold out for our weekend!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
7. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

You could try the Vintage Inn, Villagio's sister property. However, both places may be over your budget with rooms between $400 - 500 per night.

If you want to stay there, give them a call and speak to a sales person. Maybe they will give you a deal for 5 rooms. And they may have rooms at Villagio that they are not listing right now. It seems odd that they would be sold out in late April.

Houston,Texas
8. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

Just to update everyone that helped me on this board: the group wanted to stay specifically at a B&B and so we took the top ten B&B on TA and while one girl called all ten of them, I read all the reviews. Based on the location, gourmet breakfast, availability, and positive feedback, we were able to book with Cedar Gables Inn whose owner was super sweet and very accommodating over the phone and email.

And now to plan the out the vineyards! =)

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
9. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

Sounds like a winner! Congratulations and have a wonderful visit!

10. Re: 6-8 girls--need a B&B ! Help narrow down!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 01, 2014