We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marlboro, New Jersey
driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

Would there be alot of traffic driving to San Francisco on Easter Sunday. Are most wineries and stores closed on this day?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Borrego Springs, San Francisco, Solana Beach
reviews: 26
11. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

8 nights in Napa vs 2 in SF. If anything I would reverse that. I think 4 nights in wine country is plenty.

If you are not familiar with distances than a little time with Google Msps and a guidebook will be invaluable.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
12. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

Look it all depends on your travel style. If we went to your part of the woods so to speak, would I stay and see Hudson Valley and upstate NY for 8 days and 2 days in New York City ? Nope

Most could do with 2 or so full days in Napa Valley as casual wine drinkers and perhaps an extra day for a spa or Golf. One could do about 2 in Sonoma perhaps closer to the coast and SF needs at least 4 days So if you have 10 days, then perhaps 4 in SF and then you could do 4 in the wine counties and 1 on the Sonoma Coast

Others may do 3-4 days in wine country and then a couple of days along the coast from Jenner to Mendocino and then 4 days in SF.

The Atlantic and Paciifc coasts are very different and unique

Looks like some more research and some reading is needed.

Edited: 6:35 pm, January 20, 2013
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
13. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

In my opinion, unless you have been to San Francisco before, you may well regret giving so much time to the wine country and so little to the city.

reviews: 47
14. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

I don't know about Napa, as I will be taking my first trip there this spring, but as to SF, look at what you might want to do, then look for a hotel on a map of SFO close to where you want to be. I am from the midwest so when we went to SFO a few years ago we stayed at Grovesnor suites near Chinatown and walked or took busses all over. I walked through Chinatown every day I was there. The San Francisco citipass is a good deal if you want to try touristy things. A friend of mine rolled the dice on her trip to SFO and offered her price for a 5 star hotel, and got it; good idea if you don't care what the location is but love good hotels. Have fun!

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
15. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

Just to be clear, SFO is the airport code. No locals refer to the city as SFO. It would be like going to New York and saying you would be spending the week at JFK.

16. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 30, 2014