We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marlboro, New Jersey
driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

Would there be alot of traffic driving to San Francisco on Easter Sunday. Are most wineries and stores closed on this day?

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
1. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

There shouldn't be much traffic on Easter Sunday until late afternoon when folks start arriving back from their weekend getaways.

Most wineries will be closed on Easter. A list comes out a week or so before that shows who will be open on Sunday. I believe most stores and restaurants are open that day.

Marlboro, New Jersey
2. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

WHere do you suggest staying in San Francisco for 2 nights (Easter Sunday)

Marlboro, New Jersey
3. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

Is 8 nights too long to spend in Napa? We are from N.J.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 131
4. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

In Napa or Napa Valley ? 8 would be too much for just the city of Napa. But people do spend time in Napa Valley. When we travel to a new place, we first make a list of what we want to do and do some estimates and then decide if 1 day or 7 days are enough. So what are you planning to do in Napa Valley ? Wine tasting ? Wineries visit ? Golfing ? Spas ? Relaxing ? Hikes ? Bike Rides ? Dinners at some of the most amazing restaurants in Ca ?

Wrt to your SF question Please check out the San Francisco forum and it has info on where to stay ? Also the SF hotels link on the left menu can help you select hotels in your price range

Edited: 4:58 pm, January 20, 2013
Marlboro, New Jersey
5. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

We want to do wine tasting..scenery...restaurants.. I meant Nappa Valley...Silverado trail..and maybe Sonoma...I am not familiar with distances.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
6. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

How much time have you allotted for San Francisco?

The Napa Valley is 29 miles long. There are many, many wineries, but in 8 days you might get tired of them and spas and scenery. The Sonoma Valley is next door and is about 18-25 miles long, depending upon whether you start in the town of Sonoma or south of it. The same applies.

Marlboro, New Jersey
7. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

We want to do wine tasting..scenery...restaurants.. I meant Nappa Valley...Silverado trail..and maybe Sonoma...I am not familiar with distances.

Marlboro, New Jersey
8. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

We want to do wine tasting..scenery...restaurants.. I meant Nappa Valley...Silverado trail..and maybe Sonoma...I am not familiar with

distances.

We allotted 2 ngts in san Francisco

Marlboro, New Jersey
9. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

We allotted 2 nights in San Francisco.

Marlboro, New Jersey
10. Re: driving from Napa to SFO on Easter Sunday

Should we stay a few nights in Napa valley and a few in Sonoma?