We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me plan suprise trip sf/napa valley

Which Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gaffney, south...
help me plan suprise trip sf/napa valley

would like to surprise my daughter and son

in-law, 30 yrs. old, with a trip. where to

stay to get the most out of 5 days for san

franciso and napa. would like to arrange

so they would not have to do any driving

themselves. please help. thanks in advance.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa Valley
reviews: 2
1. Re: help me plan suprise trip sf/napa valley

kris-

You have posted this message multiple times. Have you read any of the past posts in the Napa forum?

Please use the search function, and read the recent trip reports (you can use the keywords "trip report" or another search with "limo" or "tour".

There is a LOT of great info here, specifically related to your questions.

We hope they have a great time.

-Russ & Sharon

Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Naples, Florida
reviews: 6
2. Re: help me plan suprise trip sf/napa valley

Kris - Russ has an excellent point about using the search function. There is a ton of great information on this board!

Regarding the trip, when your daughter and husband are in San Francisco they won't need a car. The city is easy to navigate, either on foot (lots of hills), cab, or public transit.

It's hard to answer specifics because I don't know their likes/dislikes, and what type of budget you have for the trip.

Napa is about 1 hour from San Francisco, and it is beautiful driving in Napa. If you go a Google search there are several companies that can do private limo tours to Napa and they will either plan an itinerary for you or you can tell them what you want to do.

There's also a website, http://www.winecountry.com/ that has a ton of useful information.

In Napa my husband and I stayed at the Silverado Resort, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. In San Francisco, we were at the Fairmont, which was a very elegant hotel and we enjoyed our stay there too.

Good luck planning the surprise trip. I'm sure they will have a wonderful time!