We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am going crazy! Please help!

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
reviews: 1
I am going crazy! Please help!

We are going to be arriving next week on a company fun trip. We are staying at the Inn at Spanish Bay on company bucks and then me and my wife are going to stay 3 extra days. The problem is that I am going mad trying to find the best place to stay. We want to stay under 300/nt. Would like to have a suite if possible with ocean view. What are my best choices?

Thanks,

JIM

Oakland
reviews: 4
1. Re: I am going crazy! Please help!

You will not be able to duplicate the Inn at Spanish Bay for the price. You may wish to try the Hyatt Highlands Inn (Carmel Highlands) for a beautiful view. They sometimes have specials, but doubt you can get in for under $300/nt. Also, try the Tickle Pink

next door.

The Monterey Plaza has some great views, but these rooms also command hefty prices. We did luck out once with a suite and a wonderful view for under $300 - so you just never know. Your best bet would probably be the Portola Hotel (formerly the Doubletree), by the Monterey Wharf. You could probably get an upgrade and a view for under $300.

Pacific Grove (next to Monterey) has some charming B&B's (many with views) - which probably run $200 -$300 per night.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
2. Re: I am going crazy! Please help!

topsweeper is right, you are going to be spoiled. Try this - www.montereybayresort.com. Google both the Highlands Inn and the Tickle Pink Inn and see what you can get (probably more than $300. There is an historic hotel in Carmel with beautiful gardens and varied accommodations (probably no view, but look at it.) La Playa. I don't have a website for it.

Good Luck.

Carlsbad, California
reviews: 27
3. Re: I am going crazy! Please help!

The Marriott across the street from the Portola Plaza hotel has bay view rooms, as well.

St. Louis
4. Re: I am going crazy! Please help!

Thanks guys, we ended up booking the Seventh Inn in Pacific Grove. Great ocean views and hit the budget! Now we gotta find some stuff to do.

St. Louis
5. Re: I am going crazy! Please help!

I meant Seven Gables Inn.

6. Re: I am going crazy! Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 13, 2009