We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
reviews: 2
Itinerary help

My husband and I will be staying at Quail Lodge in Carmel Thursday aug 1 through Monday aug 5. We plan to use this as our base for exploring the area. We understand this is a busy time in the area and are trying to plan things in a way that we are doing activities at the most opportune/least crowded time. So my questions are as follows. Point lobos should we plan on getting there right at opening as I have read, or do you think we will be able to get into the park at say 2ish and hang until later in the day? Driving and hiking Big Sur area, ( planning spending at least half a day) is it best to get an early start or a later start in the day? The aquarium, everything says get there at opening except their website. Any idea which is better? Sorry for the long question. We are traveling without our kids and have a few days to explore so we can be more flexible in the timing of things. Thank you.

Monterey Peninsula...
1. Re: Itinerary help

I would suggest you see Point Lobos in the morning. If it gets busy during the afternoon they may limit the number of cars that can enter and you'll have to wait in line. This will be more of a problem on weekends than weekdays.

Everyone seems to flock to the aquarium in the morning. Generally, the crowds tend to thin out starting mid-afternoon, so that is usually the best time to go. Again, weekends will be busier than weekdays.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

2. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 17, 2014