We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southeast Texas
reviews: 11
Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

Our family of 4 (kids 13 & 9) will be vacationing in the area soon & need a mid-week restaurant recommendation. We will be staying in Carmel, driving the 17 mile drive, and then visiting the Monterey Aquarium. Are there any really good seafood restaurants nearby the Aquarium? Perhaps a local favorite that's often overlooked by tourists? We prefer casual dining; nothing too fancy/upscale ($$$$). Thanks!

san mateo CA
reviews: 23
1. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

This is difficult because I do not remember the name of the place but I recently had an excellent meal on what is called "Fisherman's Wharf" in Monterey. Yes it was a touristy place but it was as best as I can tell full of mostly locals. I might suggest a walk out that pier and look for something crowded.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 6
2. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

Why not eat at the Aquarium? There are some good food choices there, from food court to sit down, with good reviews, as well as good views of the Bay. If you google them, here are the results.

http://tinyurl.com/l6kbbgr

Monterey, California
reviews: 22
3. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

Sea Harvest is exactly what you're looking for.......

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
4. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

Take the short drive over to Pacific Grove and try Passionfish. Or just walk over to Schooner's Coastal KItchen.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
5. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

Passionfish in Pacific Grove is one of our favorites, and maybe 10 minutes at most from the aquarium. Nearby, however, is Fish Hopper -- a bit touristy, but the food is pretty good and prices won't break the budget. Both places are among our favorites when we visit the Monterey Bay area.

California
reviews: 58
6. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

I must admit, we've been happy with our meals at Fish Hopper. It seems like it's touristy, but prices are reasonable and food is decent. Plus they have one of my favorite wines by the glass for $10 :-)

Southeast Texas
reviews: 11
7. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

reviews: 767
8. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

Schooner's Bistro On The Bay is casual and very good with pretty views. :)

9. Re: Restaurants near Monterey Aquarium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 12, 2014