We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activity for Teenagers

Which Monterey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 2
Activity for Teenagers

We will be in Monterey with 61 high school music students and the plan was to spend 4 hours at the aquarium. I am now thinking this might be too much time and wonder about 2 1/2 to 3 hours in teh aquarium and then move on to something else. Our schedule for the day is flexible until our dinner reservation at 5:30.. I was wondering about going to the Asilomar State Beach, Dennis the Menace playground (who doesn't love a playground!) or some other beach area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This needs to be a free activity.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
1. Re: Activity for Teenagers

The state beach is a beautiful area, much better at sunset though. There isn't much to do but to walk the beach and admire the scenery. But I think 4 hrs isn't too much time at the aquarium. The Dennis the Menace Park is fun, but for much younger kids. I think the parents who would be at the park with their kids may not appreciate 61 high school students taking over their park.

Monterey Peninsula...
2. Re: Activity for Teenagers

I would think that 61 high school students descending on Dennis the Menace playground would be rather intimidating to the much younger children using the playground. Might not be a good match.

The beach would be a better choice. There's plenty of room there to blow off energy. You don't say what time of year you'll be here. Weather may inhibit outdoor activity. Also, the surf can be hazardous, especially in winter or early spring, so make sure the 61 kids know the first rule of beach safety: Never turn your back on the ocean! Especially if they're not used to being near the ocean. But it would be a great opportunity to give them some beach time.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

3. Re: Activity for Teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 14, 2014